General Information and Deadlines
- Two (2) $1,000 grants will be awarded (one Collegiate and one Alumni) for the best business plan and presentation as judged by a panel of Brothers from within the Region.
- Business plans may be submitted by teams as long as all members of the team have the same membership status within the Fraternity.
- Plans may be submitted for either new or existing business ventures as long as the plan is the original creation of the Brother or team participating in the contest.
- All Brothers who submit a plan must be in good financial standing within the Eastern Region and registered for the Leadership Conference.
- There is no set format for the written business plan, however, each plan will be judged on the merits of the explanation of the concept in written form, concise goals and projections, proof of market research and overall visual presentation in addition to the formal ten minute live presentation.
- Each submitted plan will be viewed in confidentiality only by the panel of judges. The information contained in each plan will not be shared, sold or copied by any other entity.
- An electronic copy of all business plans must be submitted to Bro. Dumisani H. Solwazi via e-mail at (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 2.28.14. The Subject line of each entry must state: “Business Development Grant Entry for (Your Name)”. Each plan must be saved in either WORD 2003 or PDF format.
- Presentation times will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis.