The Regional Director’s Council has agreed on the time window for Fall 2015 as September 20 – November 15, 2015 to conduct membership intake activities with activities beginning Sunday September 20th. Per the Eastern Regional Director, if a chapter is (a) unable to secure the necessary University approvals prior to Friday October 9, 2015 and/or (b) valid request for MIP is not received from the State Director by Friday October 9, 2015 at 5PM then membership intake requests will not be accepted or approved.
Window to CONDUCT INTAKE ACTIVITIES (PHASE 1 and PHASE 2) is September 20 – November 15, 2015
Window to REQUEST INTAKE ACTIVITIES (PHASE 1 and PHASE 2) FOR RD APPROVAL is September 6 – October 9, 2015
Minimum time frame from First Educational Session to Initiation shall be 21 days.
If the school requires a MIP window outside our MIP window, that MUST BE DOCUMENTED IN THE LETTER OF APPROVAL. I would then follow-up with the school for verification of school policy and not requested by a chapter. I’m aware of schools starting early and may have strict requirements. I need to know that immediately.
Should you need someone from the State Leadership Team or your Alumni Advisor to liaise with your University please let us know immediately. The Chapter Advisor and/or member of the State Leadership Team SHALL be present at all Membership Intake Activities. ALL MEMBERS OF THE INTAKE TEAM WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE CONDUCT OF THE PROCESS. I strongly recommend that State Directors select brothers wisely as I will question the selection of every brother on the team. All teams must be of seven brothers and one must be a collegian brother. Those that are participating must be listed on the PBS-7C, as well (must be financial and MIP certified and Anti-Hazing pledge documented, as well). Do not hesitate to contact your State/Area Directors, Alumni Advisor, and/or Alumni Chapter President should you need information or support. All reporting must be completed before requesting intake.
In closing, you should have the following as a follow-up list prepare for 2016 (emphasized during State Meeting season):
- Pay Membership Dues (national, regional AND chapter);
- Pay Chapter Tax & Liability Insurance;
- Pay Conclave Absentee Fee (if applicable);
- Complete minimum of 3 Program Implementation Forms (PIA) (one in each of the National Programs);
- Complete Chapter Self-Assessment Form (CSAF) and submit at International Website;
- Complete Chapter Report (please reference chapter report format instruction on the National Website); and,
- Contact University Official regarding obtaining a MIP Letter of Support addressed to the Regional Director (Collegiate Chapters & Alumni Chapters’ ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP Only).