Chapters don’t forget to make your $100 contribution to this scholarship fund. To make your contribution please reach out to Bro Gerald Weatherspoon (email@example.com) or Bro Brad Leak (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Recognizing that the costs of textbooks continue to rise, Phi Beta Sigma will seek to offset the cost of books in college. The scholarship amount will be determined based on the revenue donated by our collegiate and alumni chapters, our regions, our leaders, individuals, sponsors and friends & supporters of Phi Beta Sigma. The goal is to have the award be at least $300.
Purpose of Scholarship: In celebration of our 100 year anniversary, through the promotion of our Education program, Phi Beta Sigma will offer 100 Book Scholarships. 50 will be awarded to the membership & 50 will go to the community. The 50 going to the community will be for high school students planning on attending college in 2014.
- Any financial and active member who is matriculated in an undergraduate or graduate/post graduate academic program with a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Any student at a community college intending to matriculate at a 4 year college or university.
- Any high school senior intending on attending a 4 year college or university.
Letters of intent must verify student will be attending institution
- GPA (verified by an official copy of transcript);
- recommendation letter;
- applicant activities/fraternity activities
Monday June 30, 2014
Essay Topic: “Why is education critical to communities of color?”
(Not to exceed 750 words, 12pt font, double-spaced)
Winners will be announced during Centennial Celebration July 2014
Applications may be mailed to
Jean B Lamothe, Director of Education
101 Albemarle Ave
Ewing, NJ 09638
Incomplete applications will be disqualified