The Eastern Regional Board has recognized the importance of academic excellence and intellectual achievements necessary to advance mankind locally as well as globally. In order to help increase the number of future leaders completing college degrees and recognize future leaders of society, the following goals are being established:
- To increase the awareness and importance of scholastic achievement, especially among the undergraduate members.
- To encourage a spirit of academic competitiveness at the local, state, and regional levels.
- To encourage chapters and states to recognize and reward members for their hard work and high academic attainment by providing scholarship aid.
- To stimulate scholastic achievement among members at all levels.
- To embrace and encourage creative productivity, academic excellence outside and beyond the box, in all areas without regard to race, creed, religious affiliations/beliefs, handicaps, sexual orientation or major academic disciplines.